Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Am Lovely.

I'm at a point in my life where everything I do is criticized/judged/evaluated- take your pick of synonyms.  


           -School? It's nothing but student teaching evaluations.  
           -Relationships? My personality and flaws are analyzed. 
           -Religion? I guess that's me judging myself isn't it?

In the priesthood session of General Conference this past week President Monson gave a talk titled, "See Others as They May Become". In it he says, 


"A woman needs to be told she is beautiful.  
She needs to be told she is valued.  
She needs to be told she is worthwhile."  

I don't know if men realize this-- but women, in general, are extremely hard on themselves. "You want to tell me my flaws?  Too late.  I'm already fully aware of them and in the process of bettering myself."  There's a woman (me) for ya.

Men.  
    Appreciate the women in your life.  
                       Love us for who we are. 
                                  We're kinda sorta pretty awesome.




1 comment: