Sunday, January 3, 2010

Continuation of Hilary's College Adventures

PLASMA
During college I was able to give Plasma for a couple weeks at the donation center conviently located on main street of Rexburg, a 15 minute walk from my cozy little apartment.

Plasma is 55% of the blood total volume. It pretty much looks like apple juice
, as shown to the right (sorry if I ruined apple juice for you). The body creates more plasma quickly resulting in my trip to the plasma center twice a week = $50. For any college students wanting to make a bit of extra cash - this is how you do it, as long as you don't live in California (it doesn't sell). Up until November I was able to give. After that, my pulse became too high to give and continued to be for the rest of my time in Idaho for the Fall. Bummer? Yes. But I'll survive.



Clogging
Hailey and I took a class together this last semester. It was more like a stress reliever three times a week. Our teacher was Gary Larsen and it was the most fun I have ever had earning an A for a class. We learned what seemed like a hundred different ways to do pull backs. Totally awesome? I believe so. If you are dying to see a clip of this clogging it is online at Facebook.com. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment